Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Quotes of the Day #79

Quotes from "Closer"
If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking.

Dan: What's so great about the truth? Try lying for a change. It's the currency of the world.

Alice: Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off... but it's better if you do.

Alice: It's a bunch of sad strangers photographed beautifully, and... all the glittering assholes who appreciate art say it's beautiful 'cause that's what they wanna see. But the people in the photos are sad, and alone... But the pictures make the world seem beautiful, so... the exhibition is reassuring which makes it a lie, and everyone loves a big fat lie.
Larry: I'm the big fat liar's boyfriend.

Larry: I know who you are. I love you. I love everything about you that hurts.

Alice: So you're Anna's boyfriend.
Larry: A princess *can* kiss a toad.
Alice: Frog.
Larry: Toad.
Alice: Frog.
Larry: Toad. Frog. Lobster. They're all the same.

Larry: There's a girl out there who calls herself Venus, what's her real name?
Alice: Pluto.

Dan: You think love it simple. You think the heart is like a diagram.
Larry: You've ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood! Go fuck yourself!

Alice: Where is this love? I can't see it, I can't touch it. I can't feel it. I can hear it. I can hear some words, but I can't do anything with your easy words.

Alice: Why isn't love enough?

Anna: Why is the sex so important?
Larry: Because I'm a fucking caveman!

Dan: I want Anna back.
Larry: She's made her choice.
Dan: I owe you an apology. I fell in love with her. My intention was not to make you suffer.
Larry: So where's the apology? Ya cunt.
Dan: I apologize. If you love her you'll let her go so she can be happy.
Larry: She doesn't want to be happy.
Dan: Everybody wants to be happy.
Larry: Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?