Sunday, May 15, 2005

Curiosity



I had saved this Essay from an old issue of 'TIME' Magazine. It is a tribute to journalist Daniel Pearl, who was kidnapped and subsequently beheaded by terrorists in Pakistan in February of 2002. I am a curious person by nature, thus my nick "The Seeker" and this strikes a chord with me. I think the day I'm not curious anymore, is the day I'm not myself anymore.
A sheer avidity to know things is the most endearing trait of any journalist. Long ago, the novelist and journalist John Hersey wrote in a sketch of Henry Luce, "He was amazed and delighted to learn whatever he had not known before." Curiosity is the noblest form of intellectual energy; in any case, your mind goes nowhere without it - except maybe to fanaticism.

-- Lance Morrow


Comments:
Thus spoke the curious Katt :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?