Tuesday, April 12, 2005

True Tales of InDUHviduals #3

My teacher remarked that he'd lived in Africa for several years, prompting a student to ask, "Dude, do you speak African-American?"

We had copious notes on the conference room board that we wanted to keep, so we highlighted a box and printed in big letters to notify the cleaning crew, "DON'T ERASE THIS." When we came back the next day, there was nothing on the board except a highlighted box saying "DON'T ERASE THIS." Good help is hard to find.

One of the secretaries at our office made a copy of a document and put the original through the shredder. When I questioned this, she explained that the client did not need the document, and the file only needed a copy, so there was no need to keep the original document. She couldn't understand my amusement.

My nephew, a freshman in college, attended a meeting in his dorm in which everyone introduced themselves and shared some personal information to get acquainted. My nephew introduced himself and mentioned that he has two moms. An Induhvidual looked at him and said, in all seriousness, "So… does this mean that one of them is a lesbian?"

The best for last....

A few months back, the people in my office were talking about Mel Gibson's new movie, The Passion of the Christ. One of my coworkers, a young 20 year old secretary, mentioned that she wasn't sure if she was going to go see it because it would be too sad. That's when I jokingly told her that "It's okay; he comes back in the end. I read the Book." At which point she says, "There's a book?"

-- The Dilbert Newsletter


Comments:
Nah but seriously guys...which book?

LOL JK

these were awesome
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?